Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I love planning menus for the week & find that it makes a huge difference in my grocery spending & reducing the amount of meals we eat out.

As I noted in an earlier post, my in-laws have been living with us for the past three months, & are staying for a few more weeks. My mother-in-law has various dietary restrictions & prefers cuisine from their native country, so she likes to make dinner. This works for us because I'm at work all day & she's at our house with little to do. As a result, you'll notice that I'm not planning dinners for the next few weeks. My mother-in-law & I don't speak the same language, so I don't have a heads up on what's coming for the week. I'm suprised every night by what's on the table. :-) Luckily, I like almost everything she makes.

Lunches for the week:

Monday:
Leftover chicken & onions with Persian rice. I believe this is called Sabzi Polo, and is similar to this recipe.
Hummus with celery sticks
Apple & Pear

Tuesday:
Cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread
Hummus with celery sticks
Apple and Orange

Wednesday:
Leftover loobia polo, similar to this recipe
Hummus with carrots
Apples & Grapes

Thursday:
Lunch out with the husband

Friday:
Leftover Persian Cutlet, similar to this recipe
Slice of cheese
Hummus with celery
Apples & Grapes

Saturday:
Will be unknown leftovers

Sunday:
I'm hoping to make a big pot of lentil soup to take for lunches next week. Recipe to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment