Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ambitions for the week

In keeping with my title, I'm a very ambitious, to-do list lover! It's going to be a crazy few weeks as we prepare for my in-laws to leave (cue my children melting down and acting out just a tiny bit as they readjust to life without 24x7 attention & far less spoiling) & for me to take over the reins again in the kitchen.

Here's what's on my list this week:
  1. Finalize September 15th budget. I call it the 9/15 budget because both the husband (M) & I get our yearly bonus & stock awards on 9/15. We need a plan in place before the time comes, or else the money gets frittered away. This generally makes up 25% of our yearly income, so it's critical to have a plan in place. I'm close to finalizing this.
  2. Make a photo book for my mother-in-law. This is a surprise going away present, so it needs to be done in the next 10 days.
  3. Work out 4 days this week.
  4. Plan my menu for the rest of September (post-in laws) & figure out groceries, what I can prep & freeze in advance, etc.
  5. Return a pair of running shoes to Kohls.
  6. Work on my anniversary present for M. I'm at a loss for an excellent 5 year anniversary present, so I'm planning on writing him a letter & perhaps making him a photo book as well.
  7. Figure out what to do with the huge volumes of unripened tomatoes. Looks like summer is over & I have over 100 green tomatoes on the vine.
  8. Organize clothes in master bedroom. Put away summer clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment