Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ambitions for the week - Recap

Here's a quick re-cap of what I accomplished, off of my Ambitions list for the week:
  1. Finalize September 15th budget. I call it the 9/15 budget because both the husband (M) & I get our yearly bonus & stock awards on 9/15. We need a plan in place before the time comes, or else the money gets frittered away. This generally makes up 25% of our yearly income, so it's critical to have a plan in place. I'm close to finalizing this.  - achieved
  2. Make a photo book for my mother-in-law. This is a surprise going away present, so it needs to be done in the next 10 days. - About 80% done with this.
  3. Work out 4 days this week. - achieved
  4. Plan my menu for the rest of September (post-in laws) & figure out groceries, what I can prep & freeze in advance, etc. - About 1/2 done.
  5. Return a pair of running shoes to Kohls. - achieved
  6. Work on my anniversary present for M. I'm at a loss for an excellent 5 year anniversary present, so I'm planning on writing him a letter & perhaps making him a photo book as well. - Done. I wrote the letter & ordered his physical gift that I wanted to get for him.
  7. Figure out what to do with the huge volumes of unripened tomatoes. Looks like summer is over & I have over 100 green tomatoes on the vine. - Looks like these are ripening! We have already eaten a few, & now there are quite a few turning orange.
  8. Organize clothes in master bedroom. Put away summer clothes. - achieved
Bonus items:

  • Made two batches of these English muffins, in an attempt to ditch the more expensive Costco versions. Not in love with the way these came out - tasted more like a biscuit. M called them "pasty white". Will have to keep experimenting.
  • Made 4 batches of banana wheat germ muffins with some bananas that were about to go bad.
  • Made 2 batches of blackberry muffins with blackberries we picked & froze earlier in the summer. Cut the butter in half & found that they still tasted amazing. Yum, yum, yum.
And, now my plan for this week:
  1. Work out 5 days this week. I need to step up my progress if I'm going to hit 150 workouts by the end of the year.
  2. Finish photo book for my mother-in-law.
  3. Finish menu plan for next week, after the in-laws leave. (They're heading home on Sunday).
  4. Clean/inventory freezers.
  5. Clean/inventory pantry.
  6. Clean fridge.
  7. Re-organize all pots/pans/dishes/plates/etc after the in-laws leave. Things are in complete disarray, as they have their own things they need to put in the cupboards, & didn't know where things went - so my normally extremely organized kitchen is making me a little crazy.
  8. Read one book.
  9. Implement 9/15 budget plan after I get paid.
  10. Use or freeze/"put up" remaining summer produce - pesto, squash bread, etc
  11. Use up all gift cards (with the exception of the ones I'm saving for Christmas). They go to waste lingering in my wallet.
  12. Sell or donate a bunch of kids toys that we no longer need.
  13. List a watch on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment