Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I am excited to ring in 2011. :-)

I finished updating my tickers (on the right), so the numbers should all be current as of now. My finaly 401K loan payment of the year was finally applied, so I was able to calculate our net worth, which as of right now is around $790K. I'm looking forward to paying off our 401K loans in 2011, losing the rest of the weight I need to lose, & continuing my efforts to get/stay organized & work on small projects around the house that improve our living space.

Enjoy your New Year's Day!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT numbers. Proof positive that even when things look pretty good overall that it's still vitally important -- if not more so -- to track those numbers. KEEP IT UP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Budgets - thank so much. I get questions & comments some time from coworkers asking why I bring my lunch, etc. I think it's pretty basic - you spend your money on the things that are important to you. For us, that's living in a good school district (expensive housing!), being able to do fun activities with our kids, & a few other things. I'm willing to bring my lunch & not replace my car, not shop, etc if it means I can do the things I enjoy with my family.
    The more money you have, the easier it is to stop caring about all of your monthly expenses that add up, & the more expectations people put on you to spend.

    ReplyDelete