Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly Spending

My goal for 2011 is to keep my monthly flexible spending (i.e. what I charge on my credit card & includes: groceries, dining out, gifts, clothes, lessons for the kids, etc) to $1750/month. This nets out to around $58/day, which is pretty eye opening. I am regularly overspending the $1750/month, so I need to start keeping a close eye on this figure. Keeping the monthly spending in check is a critical part of paying off my 401K loan in 2011.

Monday
- $58 at Costco - produce + yogurt + cheese for lunches

Tuesday
- $50 took a friend to lunch

Wednesday
- $11.46 at Rite Aid. Picked up a few additional goodie bag items + free toilet paper.
- $10 to buy a $20 Amazon gift card via Living Social. Will use this for Christmas/birthday gifts.
+39. Took my change in & added it to my snowball account.
- $7.49 at Trader Joes.

Thursday
-$56 for race fees. I signed M & I up for a 5K - the money goes to a good cause. :-)
-$2 for lunch. I did bring my own lunch today, but it was terrible. It wasn't particularly good when I made it, but today it was absolutely inedible. I really didn't want to get anything else, but I was hungry & didn't want to eat junk. I got a small cup of soup, but now i'm over my January goal of only buying lunch one time this month. Bummer.

Friday
-$52.90 - gas
- I won a $50 spa gift card at work today. Woo! I'll be using it for my "no shopping" monthly reward.

Saturday -
-$48.57 - Pottery Barn for a champagne flute that we broke over the holidays, a spoon rest, & cloth napkins.
+$34.60 - Crate & Barrel return. I didn't like how the cloth napkins washed, so I returned all but the one I washed. Also, the champagne flute was not the right one, so returned that.
-$61.25 at Sports Authority. Bought my younger son ski goggles & ski socks, & both boys needed shin guards & soccer socks.
Sunday -
$12 on Gatorade at the ski lodge. I'll be stocking up on Gatorade (the zero calorie kind) at Costco for the next set of lessons. Each bottle of Gatorade was $3.25!! I almost choked when I saw the price. :-)

Total for the week = $296.07
Total per day = $42.30 - under my total. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment