This week was a little spendier than usual, as I was at home & getting a bunch of post-holiday errands done.
- Monday -
- $22.98 - Gap for a birthday gift for a friend. However, I returned two shirts there for a refund of $28.45, but it is a store credit. I'll use it to buy jeans when the boys shred the knees on their current pairs. :-)
- $119.24 - Costco - basic groceries for the next week or so, plus a few extra treats as we're having an overnight guest on Wednesday, & my parents will be staying over on New Years Eve.
- $13.69 - Bath & Body Works for the handsoap that we use (on sale for 75% off - I bought 10).
- $12 - Nordstrom bar for my annual holiday lunch with M. I had a gift card for the rest of the balance. Total spend for the day = $182.83
+$39 - Returned a Christmas gift that we didn't end up needing
- $37 - Hair cut (it had been 7 months since the last cut, so I desperately needed one - $25 + 12 tip = $37). Total spend for the day after adding in the credit = $5.50
+ 22.76 - I also returned a toy to Fred Meyer. I used the Fred Meyer store credit to purchase a few items we need for New Year's Eve (champagne & orange juice + hair clip, as I got a hair cut & my hair will no longer fit into a pony tail at the gym). I spent almost the same as my gift card & got $.76 back in change.
- $3.80 - Party store. I picked up three rolls of Christmas wrapping paper to save for next year.
- $4.11 - Old Navy. I bought my oldest son a fleece at Old Navy that he needs for skiing
- $.87 - Michael's for a Christmas craft for next year.
- $14 - McDonalds - dinner for me +the kids after a bunch of evening drama required us to leave the house. Total spend for the day is $12.02(after adding in the $10 book credit & $.76 from the leftover Fred Meyer).
- Thursday -
- $1.37 - Hallmark for Christmas wrapping paper
- $6 for coffee & breakfast at Starbucks, but I used a gift card.
-$5.41 - I replaced a knife that went through the disposal (used a Crate & Barrel gift card so total out of pocket was only $5.41).
- $4 - toll
- $52.06 - Costco for Kleenex & a couple of other random items
Total out of pocket spend for the day is $61.47
$58 - Pizza for dinner (4 adults & 2 kids)
$26.11 - grocery store (beer, ice cream, and party favors for our kids)
Total out of pocket spend for the day = $84.11
- Saturday - No spend day! Finally. :-)
Total out of pocket spend for the day = $44
Total spend for the week = $389.93, which averages to $55.70/day, just under my goal of $58/day. Wow! I'm pretty excited.