Sunday, January 9, 2011

Menu Plan Monday/Sunday

Baking/breakfasts: I'm planning to make mini frittatas one day this week, since I didn't get to it last week. M is traveling this week, so I'll be making fewer big meals & using this as an opportunity to eat from the freezer, etc. I usually find that these weeks save money in the grocery bill! I'm also going to come up with a two week dinner plan, because I want to start working my way through the freezer stash & tracking meals that we have ingredients for. I also made zucchini muffins to eat during the week (substituted chocolate chips for walnuts).

One update from last week - I tried the Pepperoni casserole & it was amazing. Not particularly healthy (I could only eat 1/2 a serving & still hit my calories for the day), but it was very filling & extremely easy and made an enormous batch. Plus, M liked it, and he's a very picky guy. This will definitely make it onto our list of favorites.

Lunches:
  • Sunday  - M is not a huge breakfast person, so I've been craving a diced potato/egg/cheese scramble. I had that for lunch & used up some potatoes that were about to go bad. I have leftovers for a couple of breakfasts as well. Yum.
  • Monday - Leftover chicken penne dish + fruit
  • Tuesday - Baked Shells with Pesto, Mozzarella & Meat Sauce + vegetables & hummus
  • Wednesday - Leftover risotto + fruit
  • Thursday -  Leftover chicken cordon bleu + fruit
  • Friday - Whatever leftovers remain
  • Saturday - Grilled ham & cheese sandwiches
  • Sunday - my oldest son & I will be at the mountain taking ski lessons, so we'll be having a picnic at the lodge. Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches + fruit + nuts. Maybe a treat to motivate him. And myself. :-)
Dinners:
  • Sunday (M out of town) - Leftovers from a wonderful chicken penne dish that I cobbled together last night with leftovers + salad 
  • Monday (M out of town) - Oven baked chicken risotto from the freezer + salad
  • Tuesday (M out of town) - whatever leftovers remain
  • Wednesday - Chicken cordon bleu *
  • Thursday - Out for a belated holiday dinner with M's team
  • Friday - Parmesan chicken and rice 
  • Saturday - Leftovers
  • Sunday -Italian Baked Chicken and Pastina (makes two pans - 1 for the freezer) + roasted vegetables 
  • Monday - Pepperoni casserole from the freezer (the dish made 5 dinners for us, so I have a few still in the freezer). Huge recipe!
  • Tuesday - Bob's Awesome Lasagna *
  • Wednesday (M out of town again)- Quesadillas + salad
  • Thursday (M out of town again) - Breakfast for dinner
  • Friday (M out of town again) - Sausage & lentil soup + salad
  • Saturday - Tortellini & pesto. I need to come up with a plan & recipes to start using all of the pesto in our freezer. :-)
  • Sunday - Thai chicken pizza *
*asterisk indicates that it's the first time I'm trying the recipe. For whatever reason, lots of new recipes this week

No comments:

Post a Comment