Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly Spending

My goal for 2011 is to keep my monthly flexible spending (i.e. what I charge on my credit card & includes: groceries, dining out, gifts, clothes, lessons for the kids, etc) to $1750/month. This nets out to around $58/day, which is pretty eye opening. I am regularly overspending the $1750/month, so I need to start keeping a close eye on this figure. Keeping the monthly spending in check is a critical part of paying off my 401K loan in 2011.
Monday
- $147.96 at Costco. Chicken was on sale, so I stocked up. A few other expensive items (Gatorade for skiing, toilet paper) & a bunch of produce.
+$13.14 at Pottery Barn. Returned yet another champagne flute that didn't match. :-)
-$13.33 lunch at Nordstrom with M.

Tuesday:
-$8.42 at Panera
+$7.00 - rebate check
-$23.11 at grocery store

Wednesday:
-$16 at Wendys while my son was in the hospital. Dinner at home wasn't an option.

Thursday:
-$47.93 at Costco. I picked up a stackable storage bowl set that I've been searching for (on sale for $17) & a few other things we needed - pineapple, edamame, cottage cheese, yogurt, & eggs.
-$44.41 at Fred Meyer. I got M's favorite beer as a special treat. We had a very frightening day yesterday with S's hospital visit, so I thought a pick me up was in order. I also picked up the final items for goodie bags I'm wrking on, & a few grocery items.
-$8.42 at Panera. I know. It was a rough day.

Friday:
No spend day

Saturday:
$6.78 at the grocery store. Getting items to make M lunch tomorrow when he's at the mountain. Much cheaper than buying something!
$22.78 at the party store. Picked up items for my youngest son's party, items I was assigned for the preschool Valentine's party, & items for my older son's birthday party. Fun times. :-)
$22.51 at Target on some beverages for our picnic tomorrow, party items, etc.
$45 on gas.

Sunday:
No spend day

Total spent for the week = $386.31. A little bit more than I had hoped, but I'm at $55.19/day, so just under the $58/day I have budgeted. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment