In order for me to be successful with my 2011 goals, I need to break them down into smaller tasks & track them monthly. Here's the plan for January.
1) No shopping for clothes, shoes, or makeup for myself. Also, no shopping for the kids unless I've already checked their closets & it's something they need (no impulse shopping).
2) Keep variable monthly expenses to $1750.
3) Save all extra money in my 401K payoff fund. By the end of January, have $3500 in my 401K snowball fund.
4) Log 400 minutes of cardio workouts in January. This should be easy with my ski lessons.
5) Log 150 minutes of strength training in January.
6) Log 100 minutes of stretching in January.
7) Organize the master bathroom, including going through/cleaning out all of my makeup, hair products, toiletries, etc.
8) Have one date with M.
9) Get together with two friends.
10) Create a list of 10 favorite meals.
11) Complete a 2010 family photo album.
12) Read two books.
13) Only buy lunch 1x this month.
14) Track all spending.