Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekly Spending Wrap Up

  • Monday - No spend day
  • Tuesday - $45.14 - Panera. $40 for Christmas gifts - gift cards for the boys preschool teachers, & $5.14 for a bowl of potato soup. Total for the day = $45.14
  • Wednesday - No spend day
  • Thursday - $25 - pizza for the sitter & kids. This was a last minute decision & I should have ordered a much cheaper meal. :-) $70 for the sitter. Total for the day = $95.
  • Friday - $4.50 - fruit smoothie. $43.98 - gas. $5.72 - 6 pair of socks for the boys. Total for the day = $54.20
  • Saturday - $18 - Christmas present. $65 - wine for Christmas presents. $30 - lunch for us + my parents. $100 - dinner out with the family. Total for the day = $208.
  • Sunday - $360. One grocery item, 3 bottles of wine to bring to Christmas, & a housewarming/thank you gift for friends.
Total for the week = $761.34. Another expensive week, but the Christmas gifts were within our plan of spending, and I'm now officially done with my holiday shopping. I came in at $876, so under my budget of $930. I had actually planned to spend closer to $1000, so I feel great coming in under budget. Big savers this year: taking our own holiday cards rather than going to a photographer, sticking to my budget for the kids, and eliminating all adult gift giving, with the exception of a few small gifts for M.

No comments:

Post a Comment