Wednesday, December 29, 2010

7 questions to ask before the end of the year

I found this on another blog (Little Miss Moneybags) & it looks like it originated at Dumb Little Man and thought it looked interesting. 

1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with 2010?Definitely a 10. This was a fabulous year, & I feel incredibly blessed. My relationship with M gets better every year (and it was wonderful to start with!), we have two healthy & happy children, wonderful families & friends, and we are actively working to improve our financial situations. We're not perfect, by any means, but I feel like our lives are headed in the right direction, and that's a wonderful feeling.

2. Why did you score that way?
My relationship with M gets better every year (and it was wonderful to start with!), we have two healthy & happy children, wonderful families & friends, and we are actively working to improve our financial situations. We're not perfect, by any means, but I feel like our lives are headed in the right direction, and that's a wonderful feeling.

Also, I'm going keep it real here. Parenting two toddlers was a huge challenge, and this year, something clicked. I found more patience (not all the time, but definitely it's improved) & the boys got easier & so much more hilarious. They are the light of my lives, and always have them, but it feels like they listen more & are generally so much fun to be with.

3. What are your biggest accomplishments this year?
M & I both got new jobs, we took a huge risk (right at the end of 2009) & bought a vacation home, which we have been enjoying so much. I also survived 12 weeks with my  inlaws living with me, and we all got along well. That was another test of the grace & patience of everyone invovled. :-)

4. What are the biggest lessons you learned this year?
That having children is scary as hell. It's hard not to hear about all of the atrocious acts people commit against one another & not apply it to your own family. I'm really working on not spending so much time & energy focused on those pieces of "news", because it causes a lot of anxiety on my part.

And, parenting is a lot easier when you are "in the moment". If you are distracted and trying to do five different things, your kids will always seek that opportunity to want your attention. My children require very little discipline when I'm actively engaging with them.

5. What are your biggest goals that you want to achieve next year?I want to get back to a healthy weight, pay off my 401K loan, and enjoy life!
                                         
6. What new habits do you want to cultivate?

I'd like to actively work on stress management, being more relaxed and organized, and trusting myself & M more.

7. What are your immediate next steps to achieve them?

I'm creating very specific & actionable goals for 2011 that are along these lines.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment