Monday, December 13, 2010

2010 Goals - Progress Update

With only a few weeks left in the year, I thought it might be interesting to do a check on my original 2010 goals. Here's how things are going.

2010 Goals

  • Make an extra $500. Sadly, I didn't exactly track this, but I definitely made more than this. If I had to guess, I would estimate that I made $700ish this year in extra money, via surveys, focus groups, swagbucks, etc.
  • Stick to my Christmas budget - $1200. I'm actually under $900, and done with my shopping. Woo!
  • Complete a 5K run. No. :-( I did briefly start to run, but I haven't been keeping it up. When the nice weather stopped, I moved to the elliptical & bike.
  • Learn to make bread. No. I tried one yeast based recipe, and it was a flop. Maybe I'll try again in 2011.
  • Take a pilates class. Nope.
  • Make a 2010 family photo book. I did, in fact make a family photo book & ordered one for my inlaws as their Christmas present, but I haven't ordered one for myself yet. Semi-fail?
  • Save $5000 for my 401K loan. As of now, I have about $9K saved. As you may recall, this loan does not allow early partial payment, so I cannot pay this money on the principal until I have the complete payoff amount.
  • 150 workouts for the year. I'm at 131 workouts. Putting off a bunch of workouts until December was a semi-strategy for ensuring that I stayed focus & didn't gain a bunch of holiday weight. Until I got sick.
  • Lose 50 lbs. Ha. I've lost 20 pounds, but have basically maintained that for the past 6 months & haven't lost anything. I'm in a holding pattern, & very frustrated.
  • Hit $300K in retirement accounts. We're at $350K+, so we've definitely exceed this one. Woo!
  • Learn Farsi - While I did pick up quite a bit of Farsi this summer when the in-laws stayed with us, I have not made any progress since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment