Thursday, February 10, 2011

A perfect birthday

Today is my birthday (35, a big one!) & I woke up feeling like the luckiest lady in the world. They say that age brings wisdom, & for me, I think getting older represents contentment - understanding how truly I lucky am in life. Not material goods or junk that I shove in my closet, but two beautiful, happy, & healthy children, and a man that I love more than anything else. Amazing parents & sister/nephews, friends, family, the list goes on. I'm blessed, & I work hard to remember that, even on the not-so-fun days.

What am I up to today? I'm at work for the first half of the day, and then I'm headed out to meet M for lunch, & getting a massage! I may stop by the mall to pick up a few birthday freebies (Aveda - yum! & Sephora bubble bath) + new socks for my kiddos. I swear that their feet grow overnight. :-)

I am planning to have a few bites of my (free!) dessert at lunch. Tonight the boys have swimming lessons, so I'll be glamming it up at the pool.

And, in honor of the day, I even dressed up. Caveat: my current work environment is extremely casual, so I generally wear flats, jeans & sweaters. I think I'm the only person I've ever seen at the office in a dress or skirt, but I'm embracing it today.
-Purple/cobalt Forever 21 dress (normally my swimsuit coverup)
-Black, long Ann Taylor loft cardigan
-Black Opaque Gap tights
-Black Ann Taylor loft shooties
-A birthstone necklace from M

How do you like to spend your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment