Monday, February 28, 2011

2/28 - Fitness & Nutrition

Good Morning, all & welcome to the last day of February. We keep getting hit with more snow, so it doesn't look like winter is over any time soon, but a girl can dream.

I'm trying to mix things up & make my daily posts a bit less *dry*. If you have any suggestions on things you'd like to see, please let me know! To start with, I'm going to do a Q&A at the beginning of each post. Since I don't have a backlog of questions, I'll make them up, but happy to answer anything you want to ask. I'm also a horrible photographer, but I'd like to learn & slowly turn this post into one with more visuals, showing what I actually ate. I know the simple list is boring to look at/read.

Q&A:
Where should we go for Memorial Day weekend? My parents have generously agreed to hang out with our boys, so this is our big adult weekend (we generally do 2 a year). We're leaving out of Portland, and can leave on Friday am & return on Monday. We'd love to do Hawaii, but the timeline is too tight. Instead, we're thinking of: Santa Barbara, wine country, or maybe the Oregon Coast. We've never done an adults only trip to our beach house (on the Oregon Coast), so that's definitely an idea as well. Share your thoughts in the comments!

Weight = 156.8. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not frustrated. It's been 2 months of solid eating right & working out, & I'm down just under 8 pounds. That feels unreasonable. That said, I'm definitely feeling better, my clothes fit better, and I feel like I look "tighter/more fit". I'll keep pressing on. :-)

Food:
Breakfast:
yogurt + granola + fruit - 250
coffee + milk + fiber - 30

Snack:
skinny caramel macchiato - 100

Lunch:
healthy wrap with hummus, cheddar, tomatoes & cucumber - 250
mini Lara bar -100
apple - 80

Snack:
edamame - 150

Dinner:
Corn risotto - 300
1 small piece baked tilapia - 75
Total = 1335
Fruit/vegetables = 4/4

Workout = 35 minutes on the elliptical. Pushed it hard & kept my heart rate at 155+. Level 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment