Friday, February 25, 2011

It's Friday!

I feel like my blog posts have been exceptionally dry lately, so I'm going to try & mix it up today. :-)

Here are my random thoughts & musings for the day.

  1. I'm bitter with Rite Aid. Their stupid UP reward ($20 when you buy $100 worth of qualifying items) is not working for me, despite having spent well over $100. Two phone calls to customer service & I'm so tempted to return everything & move on. Why don't I ever realize what a waste of time this is?
  2. My Kindle is broken. Sad face. Need to call customer support.
  3. I'm obsessed with running blogs lately. I've been thinking that it would be nice to have a "before I turn 40" bucket list, and that doing a marathon might make an appearance. Am I nuts?
  4. I made a crazy yummy dinner last night. It was phenomenal. YUM!! I substituted cream cheese for the marscapone. Giada's chicken with mustard marscapone sauce.
  5. I think that by next week I'll have very exciting news about my number one financial goal of the year (paying off my 401K).
  6. I've been a slacker with organizing this month. Unless I spend some serious time on my closet this weekend, I doubt I'll hit my February goal.
  7. I'm currently wearing Gap skinny jeans, tucked into tall boots (it's icy & snowy here) with a tshirt & a cranberry sweater over it. Plus a black Helly Hansen jacket. And gloves. Brrrr! I may be starting the space heater in my office soon. It's 23 degrees outside, & my window office lets in a total chill.
  8. I'm in love with Hawaii 5-0 & NCIS (LA).
  9. M & I had world's most ridiculous argument yesterday. Over milk. No joke. ;-) It's over now, but I don't think I'll ever forget how silly we were - over milk!
  10. Why is it that I feel amazing when I eat well & work out regularly, but it's still so hard to consistently do both?
  11. I have a count down going on days left at this job. To be fair, this deserves an entire post. I'm torn between guilt for feeling this way (my job is flexible, provides me with stellar benefits & great pay & is an actual career), and joy that I'm finally making a post-current company plan. I've worked here since my junior year in college (internship) & although it's a wonderful employer, it's also a-devote-100%-of-your-mental-energy kind of place. Does that make sense? I've set ridiculously aggressive goals for myself before I can feel comfortable making the switch (paying off both of our 401K loans, paying off our second house, and fully funding the boys college accounts), that are not reasonable, but I'm still working on a master plan.
  12. I plan to bake dozens of muffins this weekend. I love to bake, but I'm not much of a muffin person. M, however, loves them. I freeze them for him, & it's one of my favorite things to do for him. Low effort, high reward. He always says it's the best way to start his day.
  13. I would love to post pictures of my outfits (getting creative on my no shopping year long challenge), but I'm no skinny minny & don't think it would look very good. Also, I don't like the photos where people aren't showing their face, & I'm not ready for a reveal. :-)
And, now you? What are you up to this weekend? Random thoughts & musings of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment