Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Garden Round Up 10/5

Every week I think that I'm not going to have much of a garden update, but we've been having a little bit of sun this fall, which has helped to ripen our tomatoes.

I picked about 7 pounds of fresh tomatoes & made more of the fresh tomato sauce for the freezer, as well as a fresh tomato paella for dinner. I also finally tracked down pine nuts, so I made 6 batches of pesto for the freezer.

I still have a ton of peppers that I need to deal with, but no more cucumbers. My kids are sad about the lack of fresh cucumbers in the garden - picking them after school was a highlight this summer. :-)

I forgot to upload the pictures of the tomatoes & basil, so I'll leave you with a look back of my kids in the garden earlier in the summer, with my father-in-law.

For more garden update posts, check out An Oregon Cottage.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your tomato harvest! I just found your blog and it's fascinating. Thanks for sharing all this information about your finances, fitness progress and of course, your garden. I'll definitely be following along with interest!

    ReplyDelete