Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weekend wrap up, spending & otherwise

Wow, productive Sunday. I'm going to be in training most of next weekend, & leave for a business trip on Sunday, so the pressure is on to get organized & prep food before I leave.

Last night I put together two Italian Baked Chicken & Pastina casseroles before we left for a Halloween party. I was planning on heating one up for dinner when we got back, but we ended up eating at the party. So, I have two good-sized casseroles for the next few weeks.

Today I made:
  • Blueberry muffins (I used this recipe, & swapped the blueberries for cranberries). I love this recipe with cranberries, but didn't have any in the house.
  • Peanut butter banana bread (no glaze, no peanuts added) & it was totally knock-your-socks-off amazing. Yum. Yum. Yum. I made two loaves for the freezer.
  • Red pepper hummus, to eat for lunches throughout the week. Haven't tasted it, but plan to have it tonight.
  • Loaded potato soup, for lunches during the week. I'm in training, so I'll very limited with what I can prep during the week.
I also went to the gym this morning, & did a 40 minute cardio workout + weights. I'm absolutely bushed! :-)

In financial news, we did the normal grocery shopping, & the other updates are that it was time to sign both boys up for soccer lessons. They've been taking lessons (1/2 lessons, 1/2 scrimmage) on Saturdays for several years & they both love it. You sign up for a quarter, & it's $175/each, per quarter. So, $350 total. Gulp.

We also signed our oldest child up for ski lessons (they start in January, but fill up very quickly & we got one of the last spots), bought both boys helmets, new boots for our oldest, bought a lift ticket to go with the lessons, etc. Groan.

Teaching our kids to ski is very important to us, as we're big skiers & want to be able to do frequent ski vacations. But, it's definitely not a cheap sport. I'm guessing I spent around $1000 this weekend, but don't have the exact total.

None of the expenses were unplanned, but having them fall on one weekend was a bit of a budget buster. How about you? How did you do this weekend? Stay on budget? Go over?

No comments:

Post a Comment